*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Position Summary/General Description:
The New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints Corporate Partnerships department encompasses a consultative approach to partnership opportunities. This position is responsible for generating revenue through the sale and management of corporate partner accounts for both the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans. The goal of this individual will be creating integrated marketing partnerships that leverage the equity and assets associated with each organization to achieve the goals of regional, national and international companies. The position reports directly to the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing revenue through the sale and management of corporate partnerships.
- Explore and understand each prospect and partner’s business and industry, and the goals and objectives for their partnership with the Pelicans and Saints.
- Develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns to maximize the partnership value for the brand and team.
- Responsible for developing personal and business relationships with all levels of prospect/partner contacts (i.e., day to day contacts, Sr. Management, C level executives, owners, etc.) and manage partnership communications, including regular outreach, calls, meetings and presentations.
- Follow a defined and established departmental sales process, including conducting needs analysis meetings, developing and presenting effective proposals customized to meet each prospects/partners needs and objectives, and negotiating and closing business opportunities.
- Identify local and national trends and emerging markets and adjust sales/service strategies accordingly.
- Effectively present proposals and recaps in front of individuals and large groups.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential corporate partners
- Effectively communicate across all areas of the company including but not limited to sales, marketing, broadcast, community relations, team charities, ticketing, and finance departments.
- Work closely to manage corporate partnerships, and to ensure that current partners receive superior service and complete fulfillment and execution of all contractual elements.
- Represent the club with the utmost professionalism and integrity at all times.
The ideal candidate must be an even-keeled, outgoing, self-motivated individual with a solid character and integrity experienced in developing corporate, promotional and/or media driven partnerships with senior level executives. The candidate must have a good work ethic and proven sales experience with a minimum of two years in corporate sponsorships and/or media sales and have negotiated and closed deals in the six figure level given the inventory level of his/her property. The selected individual must be familiar with the integration of sponsorships and with the expertise in meeting the sponsors’ business objectives through a proprietary association with a sports property. He/She must have enthusiasm for and proven experience in meeting new people, presenting to C-level executives, aggressive prospector coupled with sophisticated senior level business developer. He/she must possess an executive presence, be creative on his/her feet, communicative, and relationship-driven and be a proven and successful salesman/saleswoman.
Other Skills Include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience with an emphasis in professional sports team and/or arena/stadium sponsorship sales and/or managementStrong understanding of sales, marketing and integrated sponsorship programs
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to multi-task
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop outstanding internal and external business relationships
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word and CRM
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.