*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Birmingham Squadron are looking for their In-Game Host. The Birmingham Squadron In-Game Host will work under the supervision, guidance and direction of the Game Experience Manager and will service as an in-game personality for all Squadron home games including regular season and playoffs. The In-Game Host will abide by all NBA / NBA G League rules and procedures and follow the requests of Birmingham Squadron staff and sponsors. Whether they are assisting with contests & promotions or interacting with ticketholders, their voice, personality and presence will need to effortlessly draw people in. This seasonal, part-time position reports to the Manager of Game Experience.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the In-Game Host during Birmingham Squadron home games;
- Work all scheduled home games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events;
- Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance;
- Conduct live hits from various locations in and around the Legacy Arena;
- Closely monitor the game flow and on-court action at all times;
- Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities;
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the Squadron brand.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive experience working as on-camera talent;
- Prior experience working as an in-game host in sports is a bonus;
- Strong, clear vocal ability that’s suitable for in-arena;
- Ability tomemorize/recite script as well as improvise during promotions;
- Can easily follow strict timing and adjust when necessary;
- Experience with microphone systems;
- Strong on-camera presence, professionalism, ability to work under pressure;
- Strong knowledge of the Birmingham market and Birmingham Squadron team along with our corporate partners;
- Must have positive attitude and represent the brand in a professional manner;
- Must be able to work with all levels of management, staff, fans, etc;
- Comfort engaging with, and announcing to, large crowds;
- Knowledge of basketball preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission;
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical;
- Must possess exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Must be available to work every home game (pre-season, regular season and post-season) and attend all scheduled pre-game meetings & rehearsals;
- Must be adaptable and able to pivot as circumstances change;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize complex tasks;
- Must be able to perform with IFB talk back from producer;
- Must be personable and courteous at all times;
- Must be well versed in sports terminology and basketball operations;
- Must be punctual and reliable;
- Must exhibit sound judgment and discretion at all times;
- Must have ability to engage/excite the crowd.
- Submissions MUST include a reel or a video bio, and also can include any other material that showcases the applicant’s personality and uniqueness.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
This position may require travel up to 15%.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time between at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC) for Birmingham Squadron games and on occasion external Squadron events. He/she will be expected to attend Squadron games at the Legacy Arena at the BJCC, as well as other related events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays. The incumbent must arrive 2-3 hours prior to the start of the Squadron games.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.