*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Birmingham Squadron are looking for their In-Game DJ. The Birmingham Squadron In-Game DJ will work under the supervision, guidance and direction of the Manager of Game Experience and will service as an in-game personality for all Squadron home games including regular season and playoffs. The In-Game DJ will abide by all NBA / NBA G League rules and procedures. This person will lead the charge when it comes to in-game music and audio prompts in order to establish an exciting in-game atmosphere for all stakeholders. Whether In-Game DJ is musically setting the tone during pre-game, in-game, post-game, or assisting with contests & promotions; their DJ skills will need to effortlessly draw people in. This is a seasonal, part-time position.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the In-Game DJ during Birmingham Squadron home games;
- Work all scheduled home games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events;
- Understand scripts, basketball related information and plays in order to deliver a flawless performance;
- Closely monitor the game flow, crowd and on-court action at all times;
- Be aware of all of the official’s calls such as fouls, technicals, free throws, ejections, etc
- Provide the music and audio prompts for all points of the game which include but are not limited to the following: Pre-game, starting line-ups, in-game and post-game, public address announcements, presentations, sponsorship announcements, contests, and on court activations;
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the Squadron brand.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with DJ software programs such as Serato, Kueit, and Sound Director is a plus;
- Extensive experience playing multiple genres of music;
- Ability to read and understand the flow of a game script;
- Prior experience working as a sports DJ with basketball experience being preferred;
- Ability to quickly switch music and prompts at any point in the game;
- Has a clear understanding of the musical cadence needed for defensive and offensive plays;
- Must be able to watch the game closely to react to plays through music and prompts;
- Comfortable with having an headset on while listening to the Game Experience Manger and communicating back when needed;
- Strong knowledge of the Birmingham market and Birmingham Squadron team along with our corporate partners;
- Must have positive attitude and represent the brand in a professional manner;
- Must be able to work with all levels of management, staff, fans, etc;
- Comfortable engaging with, and announcing to, large crowds;
- Keeps music track files current and add new songs when needed;
- Must bring their own DJ equipment;
- Must have crowd prompts, defensive and offensive tracks ready in DJ programs;
- Possesses both instrumental and vocal music in their track library;
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission;
- 3+ years of DJ experience, preferably in sports;
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical;
- Must be available to work every home game (pre-season, regular season and post-season) and attend all scheduled pre-game meetings & rehearsals;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize complex tasks;
- Must be well versed in sports terminology and basketball operations;
- Must be punctual and reliable;
- Must exhibit sound judgment and discretion at all times;
- Must have ability to engage/excite the crowd.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
This position may require travel up to 5%.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time between at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC) for Birmingham Squadron games and on occasion external Squadron events. He/she will be expected to attend Squadron games at the Legacy Arena at the BJCC, as well as other related events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays. The incumbent must arrive 2-3 hours prior to the start of the Squadron games.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.