*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Account Executive, Group Sales
Want to be part of history? The New G-League team is looking for collaborators, innovators and community minded sellers to join our front office in selling group tickets for our inaugural season in the $100M newly renovated Legacy Arena in Birmingham, Alabama. Working with youth leagues, schools, churches, business and nonprofits in this role, you will be responsible for selling and servicing new group sales accounts. As a Group Sales Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating and developing sales revenue for our group and themed night initiatives while finding ways generate other streams of revenue through our full menu of seating options. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
This is a full-time position based in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Actively pursue new business and decipher ways to acquire leads
- Work sales and prospecting tables
- Meet with clients and build relationships with prospects
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- 60-80 phone calls/day
- Maintain records of all group ticket customers
- Provide memorable service to clients and renew
- Attend majority of home games to service clients in attendance
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably from within the sports and entertainment industry
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Creative and organizational skills; Able to multi-task and see projects through to completion
- Desire and willingness to learn; Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to meet fast turn arounds and deadlines
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must work all gamedays
- Work closely with Group Sales Coordinator to project and theme night completion
- Able to push/pull/carry and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs and sit/turn/bend/stand for long periods of time
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Pelicans are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Pelicans will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Pelicans are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.