*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Birmingham Squadronare seeking a positive and outgoing game night staff member who will use their personality and skills to enhance the Squadron Game Experience. Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for handling, preparing and executing all elements of the Birmingham Squadron game experience. In addition, will provide support to leadership and facilitate proper execution. As part of the Game Night Staff, you will become an integral member of the team which supports the Game Experience and Events department within the organization. You will play an active role in all in-game entertainment, assisting fans in and out of areas, and understanding all other duties and tasks assigned for the game. This position is part time, but will require late nights, weekends and open availability for a majority of the Birmingham Squadron home games and events. All game night staff members must be available 3.5 hours before the start of each home game and through one hour after the game concludes.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares administrative support and coordinates game contests that will include selecting contestants;
- Assist in the coordination of in-game elements with a focus on fan interactivity during pre-game, stoppages, and intermissions
- Act as a positive representative for the organization in and out of the arena during all games and various external events
- Escorts and coordinates with performers for game entertainment;
- Prepares and facilitates giveaways during the games;
- Supports, and takes cues from the arena host;
- Assists camera shots by working with the production crew and designated Legacy Arena employees.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Previous experience in athletics is strongly preferred;
- Experience in sports marketing or live production;
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical;
- Must possess exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize complex tasks;
- Maintain proper/professional decorum;
- Must be personable and courteous at all times;
- Must be well versed in sports terminology and basketball operations;
- Must be punctual and reliable;
- Must exhibit sound judgment and discretion at all times
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
This position may require travel up to 5%.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time between at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex (BJCC) for Birmingham Squadron games and on occasion external Squadron events. He/she will be expected to attend Squadron games at the Legacy Arena at the BJCC, as well as other related events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.