*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
This position receives calls on behalf of the New Orleans Pelicans G League team in Birmingham, AL, determines nature of business and directs calls to the appropriate person and/or department. In addition, this position lends clerical assistance to the Administration Office(s) as needed. THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION with hours from 8 am until 1 pm, Monday through Friday.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reception and telephone duties.
- Deals with diverse group of external callers and visitors.
- Performs such duties as typing, filing, coordination of meeting and conferences, obtaining supplies, sorting and distributing daily mail, answering non-routine correspondence and other special projects.
- Act as liaison with other internal departments.
- Assists mail center with all incoming/outgoing FedEx, DHL, UPS deliveries and/or shipments.
- Responsible for monthly birthday mail-outs.
- Work as a team with the other members of the Administration Office(s) as their needs arise or special projects become priorities.
- May be asked to assume reception duties on game days.
Skills and Attributes
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and use of the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in multi-tasking.
- Dependable and conscientious.
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment while being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to adapt to seasonality and high-profile nature of the basketball industry.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- Business or technical school, Associate’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 3-4 years of related experience.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.