Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness
Position Overview: Jr. Wizards, the official youth basketball program of the Washington Wizards and Mystics, are looking for basketball coaches to join our growing team. The ideal candidate(s) will have experience coaching basketball in team, camp and small group settings. You should be passionate about teaching both basketball and life skills and must confidently and successfully implement our curriculum and mission.
Are you an experienced youth basketball coach who is passionate about mentoring basketball and life skills? We would love to hear from you!
- Supervise camp participants, children ages 6 to 14.
- Actively assist with basketball drills, scrimmages, evaluations, and games.
- Ensure safety and general well-being of all students.
- Serve as a role model to camp goers and other coaches.
- Build lesson plans and curriculums as needed.
- Provide game day coverage for youth basketball events and other Wizards marketing events.
- Coordinate administrative tasks for the planning and execution of youth basketball programs.
- Develop new and enhanced programs to be implemented throughout the season.
- Manage and track incoming mail, calls, and faxes.
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years basketball coaching experience. Coaching certification is a plus.
- Certification in first aid, CPR and AED, or the willingness and ability to become certified.
- Deep knowledge of the game of basketball.
- Previous basketball playing experience, is helpful.
- Experience working in children's basketball camps and clinics preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly and motivated to self-teach.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, thorough, and detail driven.
- Positive attitude and strong team spirit.
- Must possess effective communication and motivational skills that are age appropriate.
- Professionalism and punctuality are a must.
- Excellent customer services and communication skills.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.