Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Videographer position is responsible for content creation, videography and editing for the Washington Wizards. The ideal candidate is capable of storytelling and following action while delivering network quality results. This position will work a flexible schedule and travel frequently, with a schedule based on the team's season.
Are you an experienced videographer who is passionate about storytelling through content creation and loves basketball? We would love to hear from you!
- Shoot sports events, games, and interviews, with an emphasis on basketball content.
- Coordinate with MSE Production and Post-Production teams, as well as Wizards Digital, Communications and other departments, to drive workflow and delivery of content.
- Creatively tell visual stories through shooting and following story or action.
- Setup and shoot network style interviews, including green screen.
- Edit videos using Premiere, logging and editing quick turn videos and content.
- Operate a variety of camera systems while also maintaining and ensuring proper equipment storage and upkeep.
- Travel with Washington Wizards team to away games and events as needed.
- Prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in a content production environment.
- Familiarity working with multiple camera systems and strong editing skills on Premiere.
- Strong shooting skills with experience directing players or talent.
- Working understanding of broadcast audio techniques and lightening.
- Knowledge and fluency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Confidence to make quick decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven understanding of camera, lighting and sound equipment.
- Understanding of tapeless work environment.
- Ability to carry 40 lbs. of equipment.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.