Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Responsible for all revenue goals associated with an assigned account base of existing WNBA Washington Mystics and NBA G-League Capital City Go-Go season ticket members, focusing on customer service, renewals and retention, new business referrals, add-ons and upgrades.
- Gain account bases’ annual renewal commitment and ultimately increase account renewals.
- Achieve overall ticket and revenue client renewal and retention goals for personal membership account base.
- Focus on up-selling and cross-selling current season ticket base on additional Go-Go & Mystics memberships, partial plans, and group programs using referrals from existing clients.
- Actively communicate with and anticipate the needs of our clients and guests by being an expert on all products and services offered by Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- Increase customer loyalty by creating a unique and personalized experience for each client.
- Manage your client Touchpoint program, consisting of courtesy phone calls, in-office visits, in-arena visits and interactions at special events.
- Sharing great stories and experiences on how you made an impact with your accounts will be critical.
- Develop and share creative ideas with the team to enhance the membership activation culture, including developing new benefit programs, special events and other ways to exceed client expectations.
- Enter all Touchpoint and client profile information gathered into Archtics for reporting, updating and account relationship purposes.
- Assist with the planning of assigned member events and in-game experiences.
- Assist guests and fans with inbound service needs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ year of ticket sales and/or service experience with a pro or college sports team.
- Must possess a bold, ambitious and dedicated attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, integrity and a passion for sports.
- Ability to manage numerous business relationship in a professional manner.
- Passionate about building a sales career in the sports industry.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Experience with Archtics and TicketMaster is helpful.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.