Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Paralegal will report directly to the General Counsel and is responsible for a variety of administrative duties, providing complex legal support and demonstrating an advanced level of skill and ability in support of the Legal Department.
- Actively exercise independent discernment to develop, manage, and implement processes and procedures to ensure tasks and projects are completed in a timely manner in order to meet legal deadlines.
- Maintain highly confidential/sensitive information exercising the utmost discretion.
- Demonstrate ability to use good judgment in dealing with internal business partners, executives, outside counsel and third parties.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining document management system and corporate database and records.
- Under general guidance of attorney, prepare basic to moderately complex agreements, or other standard legal documents or correspondence relating to legal and/or business operations.
- Support and work closely with the finance team and attorneys on contract approval process.
- Monitor and maintain IP portfolio.
- Assist with insurance-related matters.
- Oversee administrative duties such as filing, record-keeping, document preparation, permit applications, maintaining a record of legal and policy documentation, providing corporate information to cross-functional teams, monitoring corporate filings, drafting corporate actions and agreements for attorney review, and distributing agreements for signature.
- Assist the legal department and the company in appropriately managing risk while supporting various company business areas and company initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of corporate paralegal or related experience with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience with document management systems and managing day-to-day corporate activities and policies.
- Familiarity with technology, privacy, and/or media-related issues.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior management.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple time sensitive obligations.
- Highly skilled in MS Office software and able to adapt quickly to new technologies deployed across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.