Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of this position is to lead all of the Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals marketing functions across multiple mediums to engage fans and drive sales across ticketing, corporate partnerships and suites.
- Lead Capitals (NHL) marketing team in developing and delivering strategic marketing plans to meet the brand objectives of club.
- Lead the day to day operations of the Capitals marketing team to ensure the execution of the annual marketing campaign, the consistent execution of the brand identity and messaging for ticketing campaigns, sponsor activations, and promotions.
- Manage and lead digital media, game presentation, creative and community relations departments to build programs and content that promotes Capitals brand, drives revenue, and increases fan engagement.
- Drive marketing integration to ensure consistency in messaging and overall brand experience.
- Partner with production team to drive the development of programming on team digital channels and identifying new creative opportunities, platforms and technologies to drive team content and programming.
- Lead Youth Hockey programs and fan development.
- Assist MSE Chief Marketing Officer with management and development of Capitals annual marketing budget, including Marketing, Productions, Advertising, Digital, CR, and Game Presentation.
- Develop and manage members of Capitals marketing team.
- Work closely with Ticket Sales and Service, Ticket Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Executive Suites, Venues Operations, and Business Intelligence to improve revenue generating opportunities and support renewal and branding initiative.
- Integrate NHL league marketing/advertising initiatives and standard methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced Marketing/Advertising professional at Senior Level (10+ years)
- Professional sports industry experience strongly preferred.
- Dynamic communication and networking skills.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong and relationships – internally and externally.
- Real passion for the Washington D.C. community and a commitment to giving back.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.