Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Social Media is responsible for developing, engaging and growing the Washington Capitals’ social media platforms, audience and revenue, working closely with the Senior Director, Digital Media.
- Lead strategy for social platforms operated by the Washington Capitals digital media department.
- Ideate and create social media content including videos, gifs, and graphics.
- Coordinate the day-to-day social coverage on all platforms.
- Build and execute content calendar for all social media channels.
- Assist social media strategies for athlete driven social media programs.
- Develop strong internal reporting on social media performance and growth.
- Establish strong social media engagement on all current platforms while researching new opportunities for growth and development.
- Contribute to strategic brainstorming, curation, and content creation.
- Monitor social conversation about the Capitals, athletes, and related topics, in order to provide data and actionable insights to relevant internal partners.
- Support the digital partnerships teams on ideation and execution of co-branded campaigns.
- Create a daily presence on social media platforms and tools; posting, reposting, scheduling, responding to comments, and jumping on social trends and topics.
- Provide wall to wall social media coverage for team and league events.
- Elevate coverage of players, marketing initiatives, community programs, and special events while supporting live event content coverage.
- Assist with paid social media opportunities for sales and partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years professional experience in social media role.
- 2+ years experience managing large and/or global communities.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable about NHL players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
- Experienced utilizing social tracking tools for reporting, working with website content management systems, and using social media response tools.
- Ability to effectively balance a diverse workload and complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok and Instagram, including design, functionality, users, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong content editing and creation skills, utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and others.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.