Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center (MWPC), the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The IT Desktop Engineer is responsible for providing support to MSE staff with computer hardware and software issues. This position will be focused on providing support for employees at the MedStar Wizards Performance Center (MWPC), while remotely supporting users at other buildings as needed.
Are you an experienced tech support engineer who loves working on a team and also loves sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Responsible for maintaining computer systems, networking, and A/V at MWPC.
- Provide helpdesk support for all MSE users to resolve application and computer configuration problems, both on-site and remotely.
- Works with personnel to resolve application problems, and provide recommended solutions.
- Provide network support during Team home games at MWPC for League applications and equipment.
- Maintain data cabling and fiber systems along with data closets and cable paths.
- Provide support for major events at MWPC and other MSE sites as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role.
- Knowledge of computer software, operating systems, hardware, and networking.
- Hands-on experience with Windows and macOS environments.
- Solid understanding of office automation products and computer peripherals including printers and scanners.
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Able to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
- Excellent problem-solving with the ability to prioritize work with competing deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.