Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Global Digital Strategist is responsible for providing insights to channel strategies, guidelines, and content opportunities to the Wizards Global Digital teams focused on audiences in China, Israel, and Japan. This role will focus on understanding the intricacies of the Digital business and find opportunities to further drive the Wizards brand including offering exclusive access to the team, delivering language accessibility to global fans, and amplifying respective cultures.
Do you have data analytics experience, strong communication skills, and are passionate about utilizing digital content to drive business? We would love to hear from you!
- Conduct a range of analytics, including deep-dive projects, dashboard reporting and pilot performance analytics to translate data into meaningful insights.
- Lead the Global Digital team to focus on building creative social and digital plans that deliver on organizational goals.
- Uncover insights to support global content planning and identify new opportunities to generate content that reaches fans locally and in global markets.
- Collaborate to develop and run social publishing calendars aligned to the content and channel strategy.
- Strategically handle an analytics road map to balance short-term and long-term deliverables and capabilities.
- Establish positive relationships with internal departments; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across Marketing, Digital and Corporate Partnerships.
- Build, implement, and manage robust market analyses and bench-marking processes.
- Lead various projects and appropriately prioritize work based on business impact.
- Lead all aspects of international website development and maintenance.
- Manage internal Weibo manager and Global team leads.
- Work to increase social following and league rankings on all Global platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years professional experience in data analytics.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to develop insights and give recommendations from data.
- Experience working with analytics platforms including Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, and social media reporting.
- Demonstrate a strong familiarity with HTML and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Solid understanding of content management systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload while producing quality, high volume work.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.