Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Global Digital Strategist position will utilize analytics to provide actionable insights to the Global Digital teams in order to best serve our consumers and ultimately drive business growth. This position will focus on understanding the intricacies of the Digital business and finding opportunities that digital can utilize to further drive the Wizards brand.
- Conduct a range of analytics, including deep-dive projects, dashboard reporting and pilot performance analytics to translate data into actionable insights.
- Strategically manage an analytics road map to balance short term and long term deliverables and capabilities.
- Establish positive relationships with internal departments; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across Marketing, Digital and Corporate Partnerships.
- Provide mentorship to internal stakeholders on global strategies.
- Develop, implement and manage robust market analyses and bench-marking processes.
- Utilize key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
- Support multiple partners, leading several deliverables and appropriately prioritizing work based on business impact.
- Conduct SEO audits, detailing baselines, benchmarks, and changes.
- Lead all aspects of international website development and maintenance.
- Manage internal Weibo manager and relationships with translators.
- Manage the sourcing of vendors and third party expertise.
- Support other department projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years professional experience analyzing data.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to develop insights and give recommendations from data.
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, and social media reporting.
- Demonstrate a strong familiarity with HTML and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong knowledge of content management systems.
- Self-motivator with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality, high volume work..
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.