Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Game Night Staff Event Dispatch is responsible for overall operation and supervision of the Event Command Center at COA. You will act as a communication liaison for positive resolution of customer issues. With a focus on monitoring the radio and telephone communication, directing event calls to appropriate departments and individuals this role ensures all event information and documentation is complete and accurate.
Do you have previous related experience, strong communications skills and problem solving skills? We would love to hear from you!
- Monitor all radio frequencies and communicate issues with the appropriate department.
- Answer all radio calls in a timely manner, and provide clear & concise feedback to the person making the call before dispatching appropriate parties
- Monitor status of ISS, radios and telephone systems in Dispatch.
- Collect and report information to make adjustments and improve event day operations.
- Communicate event information with appropriate departments as needed.
- Create and populate event reports.
- Monitor guest text message system.
- Follow up with supervisors to assist with staff and/or building needs.
- Ensure all incident reports are completed accurately and completely.
- Provide world class customer service to all guests while remaining calm and courteous.
- Record guest related incidents, including injuries, illnesses and inappropriate behavior in 24/7 Incident management software.
- Report any possible threats and hazards to management as soon as possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and skills.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Experience using ISS 24/7, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to communicate efficiently and build positive professional relationships and with employees at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented, and able to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Digital literacy including proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Organized with the ability to problem-solve, make decisions, and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility to work events including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.