Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Director, Marketing is responsible for leading the promotional and event calendar for the Capitals Marketing team including planning and executing Capitals marquee fan activations, group ticket nights, and theme nights at Capital One Arena. This position will focus on creating promotional opportunities to support marketing objectives and lead on-site execution for multiple brand building and fan development initiatives.
Are you an experienced marketing professional with a passion for building a brand, storytelling and growing a fan base through creative marketing? We would love to hear from you!
- Plan and execute promotional schedule for Capitals Marketing and work with ticketing and partnerships on promotional opportunities to drive awareness.
- Lead Capitals fan development programs and develop new fan driven programs to build brand loyalty and create new revenue streams.
- Identify, develop and execute theme night opportunities to benefit ticketing, marketing objectives, and NHL platforms.
- Act as liaison for ticketing group to support promotional and special event opportunities and season ticket holder parties while building brand equity.
- Build game-day event sheets and liaison between arena operations and marketing teams for execution. Participate in weekly operation calls to provide detailed information on marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with Senior Director, Marketing on strategizing on paid advertising plan and manage trafficking creative to appropriate groups.
- Collaborate cross functionally with game presentation, public relations and digital teams on storytelling, amplification and media engagement for theme night and programs.
- Support media day and other events and brainstorm creative ways to build brand through content capture.
- Conceptualize ways to build revenue generating platforms through partnerships.
- Work with the Youth Hockey Development team on related initiatives.
- Manage part-time game night staff and interns.
- Support creative development and graphic creation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in marketing, promotions, and/or events.
- Thorough understanding of marketing, advertising and promotion development and strategy.
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally while modeling the values of Capitals brand.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, able to handle multiple vendors, agencies and other groups at once.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, integrity and a passion for sports.
- Strong leadership with excellent organizational, strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in leading interns and part-time staff is helpful
- Ambitious nature and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.