Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, DC, and named a 2018 Washington Post Top Workplace, is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and 2018 AFL CHAMPION Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL STANLEY CUP CHAMPION Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. The District of Columbia and Events DC are building a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus which will feature a state-of-the art training practice facility for the Wizards and also include a 4,200-seat arena which will become the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. The facility is scheduled to open in the fall of 2018. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the management and operation of all Capitals game day presentation elements & production services. The Director will lead project development, plan and review events, research new and upcoming technology and work creatively to improve our presentation on all levels.
If you are an experienced game presentation professional with a passion for supporting and giving back to the community we would love to hear from you!
- Lead all aspects of game day presentation including the control room, main video-boards, LED’s, scoreboards and event day execution while developing the team entertainment assets (PA Announcer, mascot, in-game hosts and ALL CAPS Crew).
- Build first-class entertainment features, compelling statistical information and continue to positively engage fans.
- Manage production needs for game days and special events, including video, audio, live effects, graphics packages and other tech support.
- Produce entertainment elements to support the overall presentation, such as video shoots focusing on headshots, PSA’s and other organizational projects.
- Work with the internal Global Partnership department to develop, enhance, and implement sponsors in a creative way into game nights.
- Coordinate the placement and coverage of live elements during Capitals games, including anthem singers, intermission content and performance groups.
- Plan and execute NHL themes & initiatives during Capitals events, including Black History Month, Hockey Fights Cancer, Pride month, and more!
- Build and maintain the department budget, track spending and outline potential revenue opportunities.
- Provide overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the game presentation staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experienced Game Presentation professional (5+ years).
- Managerial/Supervisory experience.
- Dynamic communication and networking skills
- Ability to empower and support your team in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Able to develop and champion strong community relationships.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.