Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director of Digital for the Washington Wizards will have a primary focus of crafting the strategy to grow the Wizards brand through all digital assets with a strong emphasis on an increased social following on all platforms as well as global opportunities. This position will provide exclusive coverage of the Wizards while utilizing a unique voice as and look to create additional revenue opportunities through branded content and innovative ways to engage fans.
- Lead the strategy and content development for digital marketing with a focus on team coverage, driving revenue through content opportunities, and ticket sales support
- Lead the development of overall digital communications strategic plans.
- Support the brand through campaigns that include web content, paid social and comprehensive social coverage.
- Meet annual digital goals including but not limited to overall social follower growth across platforms, engagement and interaction.
- Lead all aspects of strategy for social platforms operated by the Washington Wizards digital media department; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WEIBO, TikTok, Reddit, and LinkedIn.
- Internal reporting and analytics on social media performance and growth to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee ideation and social media branded content.
- Lead and support the Wizards digital team, including content creators, social managers, web developer, and writers.
- Drive the global digital strategy in order to reach new fans, markets and build revenue opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining the brand through all built digital content.
- Liaison with Productions and other departments on content ideation and execution of contracted digital elements.
- Create, optimize and analyze digital advertising campaigns.
- Update, maintain and enhance the Wizards mobile app.
- Find opportunities to utilize new technologies and innovative ideas.
- Elevate coverage of players, marketing initiatives, community efforts and special events in addition to supporting live event content coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years professional experience in digital media role.
- 2+ years experience managing large and/or global communities.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience utilizing social tracking tools for reporting, working with website content management systems, and using social media response tools.
- Experience and in depth understanding of paid, owned and earned digital media.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Premiere, and Photoshop.
- Ability to optimally balance a diverse workload and complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok and Instagram, including design, functionality, users, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.