Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for connecting our two teams, WNBA Washington Mystics and the NBA G-League Capital City Go-Go with the greater Washington, D.C. community for the purpose of growing fan interest, affinity, attendance and financial support of the teams while demonstrating the Monumental Sports commitment to our community.
- Develop and execute monthly programs for the Mystics and Go-Go to support the Monumental Social Impact strategy and designated non-profit beneficiary.
- Build and execute League-required community programs within the Mystics and Go-Go.
- Create exciting community-based programs for the Corporate Partners of the Mystics and Go-Go.
- Manage and track use of team assets by community partners and coordinate participation in special events.
- Support the FORWARD8 campaign, a year-round spotlight on the Social Impact work we do within Ward 8 and a special fundraising program we execute to support a single community partner annually.
- Assist in the monthly execution of Social Impact initiatives, including organizing in-game presentation, in-game tabling, fan volunteering, and staff volunteering.
- Facilitate the donation of tickets to existing Community Partners to be used with their membership and served populations.
- Partner with the organizations to ensure usage of the ticket donations and work to optimize attendance.
- Welcome community organizations and their members at home games to continue to foster relationships with their members and our organization.
- Partner with our internal Ticket Sales and Ticket Operations teams to ensure outstanding community member experiences at all events.
- Identify larger community organizations for in-arena activation (tabling, information distribution, group recognition, etc.) at select Events.
- Maximize exposure and sale of the FORWARD8 t-shirt, a program designed to raise money for Congress Heights Community Training and Development Corporation.
- Attend community meetings to learn about issues and concerns facing residence in order to determine ways in which our organization and teams can provide support.
- Partner with Corporate Partnerships to execute community platforms for select partners.
- Attend community events to showcase our commitment to the community, distribute ticket donations directly to community members, and promote the Teams’ and Monumental activities in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in community outreach; D.C. community experience preferred.
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally while modeling the values of Monumental in the community.
- Comfortable with community outreach, both in-person and over the phone.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve our teams’ impact on the community.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, able to effectively prioritize multiple events and organizational outreach efforts at once.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, integrity and a passion for sports.
- Ambitious nature and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.