Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Coordinator, Sales & Service position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Ticket Sales and Membership Services Departments for the NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. This role requires someone who is creative, well organized, capable of balancing numerous projects at once, and is deadline driven.
- Support the marketing team in the design and production of ticket sales collateral, including sales brochures, flyers, and other sales-related marketing assets.
- Act as liaison with home team venues to support planning, scheduling, and implementation of sales & service related game-day initiatives.
- Coordinate sales related events and promotions such as open house events, pre/post-game events, prospect receptions, season ticket member events, etc.
- Work all MSE Franchise Teams home games and assist in execution of sales and service related initiatives.
- Maximize use of the Archtics ticketing system to assist in creation of third party ticket sales hyperlinks.
- Prepare email communication to clients and fans regarding ticket sales initiatives, game information, season ticket member benefits, and team updates.
- Order promotional items for games and giveaways, i.e., t-shirts, novelty items, wristbands, etc.
- Assist guests and fans with inbound service needs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ year of experience working in sales or a service role is helpful.
- Experience with MS Office and the Archtics ticketing system.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, integrity and a passion for sports.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.