Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Coordinator, People & Culture will serve as first point of contact for general human resource and recruitment inquires. This position is responsible for providing superb customer service and being knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
Do you have customer service experience, strong communication skills, are looking to build your career in HR and also love sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding process including offer letters, background checks, new hire orientation, ID Badges, and processing paperwork.
- Support hiring efforts through sourcing candidates, marketing open positions, and researching hiring technology to streamline current processes.
- Lead company-wide internship program.
- Assist with the full execution of recruitment and employee relations events.
- Review, update, and post all open positions to company website.
- Work with local and national recruiting firms to post open positions with an emphasis on diversity recruitment and pipeline management.
- Coordinate hiring manager access to recruiting and interview platforms including TeamWork online and Spark Hire.
- Greet and provide information and assistance to internal/external office visitors.
- Update all organizational charts on an as needed basis.
- Assist employees with payroll/benefit questions and any other HR related inquires.
- Maintain contract binders and office/personnel files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ year recruiting experience.
- Desire to grow a career in Human Resources.
- Experience working in hr or customer service position.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
- Experience with an ADP, applicant tracking systems and video interviewing platforms is helpful.
- Experience with DocuSign is preferred.
- Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
- Proven verbal and written interpersonal skills with an emphasis on providing good customer service.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Superb knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Solid sense of accountability and personal judgment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.