Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for coordinating all facility and contractual obligations for assigned concert and team events from the time the event is booked through settlement.
- Coordinate a limited number of arena special events and concerts from the time the event is booked through settlement.
- For non-tenant events review contract obligations, create accurate ticket manifests in conjunction with the Box Office and Sr. Event Manager, assist with CAD show builds, procure equipment, labor and permits as needed.
- Coordinate with all arena departments to fulfill contract obligations and successfully produce assigned events for our clients and patrons.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison for tertiary arena tenants and internal stakeholder groups including reviewing and approving event requests.
- Communicate event information to appropriate building staff as needed.
- Work home games and assist in executing all game day activities with the assigned tenants.
- Review event technical and production riders to determine availability of all provisions as outlined by the act and arrange for labor and available items.
- Serve as on-site Arena Production Representative during assigned events, arriving at load-in and remaining on site until supervisory duties are no longer required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) software knowledge a plus.
- Ticketing Software knowledge a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.