Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Assistant Editor is responsible for both long-form and short-form creative content with a focus on setting up and organizing media for editing team.
Do you have experience with Adobe Premier, are creative, highly organized and love sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with Editor, Sr Editor and Post-Production Supervisor to drive workflow and meet delivery deadlines.
- Ingest and organize department media.
- Coordinate projects, build story string-outs / scene cutdowns for news, live, as-live, and docu-reality programming.
- Sync and log footage.
- Research music and update stock footage.
- Assist with final video deliverables and archiving.
- Support Editors and Sr Editors with team projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years of experience in an editing and production environment.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Must have knowledge of CatDV and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interest in sports is helpful.
- Knowledge of basic office computing skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.