Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Assistant, Digital Marketing position will be responsible for assisting digital marketing, including web destinations, social media, and paid digital media, for the NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go and WNBA’s Washington Mystics.
- Produce and manage day-to-day creative content for Mystics and Go-Go social media channels.
- Provide in-game social coverage.
- Create content for specific campaigns (player profile, ticket offers, etc).
- Conceptualize creative social campaigns to further build social following and increase audience engagement.
- Maintain knowledge on the latest social and digital trends to keep social channels engaging and meaningful.
- Assist with game photo organization
- Perform general website maintenance activities such as updating game cast/box score links on home page, splash pages, sales messaging and microsites, community web pages, and section home pages.
- Provide social coverage on community and corporate events, as needed.
- Sponsor fulfillment of digital content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience utilizing Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or AfterEffects.
- Previous experience in digital content creation.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality, high volume work.
- Passionate about all sports, from grassroots to professional levels.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.