Director Game Presentation with New York Knicks in New York · NY
New York Knicks jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Job Title: Director Game Presentation (NYK)
Department: NYK Event Presentation
Supervisor: VP Marketing Strategy
FLSA status (only indicate if non-exempt):
Director, Game Presentation for the New York Knicks manages and executes programming and handles day to day operations for in-arena activity. Spearheads all pre-production efforts as related to game execution. Efforts include: developing and managing programming calendars, game content scripting, directs game day production meetings, leads the production of all LED signage for in-arena display (GardenVision). Coordinates all communication between Knicks EP and Producers in GardenVision. Executes and leads all in-arena game day rehearsals and programming, including live entertainment, video, and theatrical elements (lighting, projection, etc.) Directs all NYK games and coordinates programming. Coordinates team promotions, merchandise, events and the food/beverage business via video shoots, scripting of promotions and securing in-game inventory. Implements content from across all departments for exposure in game programming. Works intensively with the MSG Partnerships group in the production and execution of game-related programming to maximize event presentation and partner’s goals. The Director may assist on production and presentation of team events such as partner functions, subscriber forums and charity events. In addition, the position will work closely with all MSG departments to develop cross-promotional opportunities for brand elevation during event execution.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS/ACTIVITIES SUMMARY:
- Directs all Knicks games by executing programming
- Keep detailed game inventory spreadsheet to ensure no games are oversold
- Writes the rundowns and game scripts for Knicks games
- Schedules and lead all aspects of execution for Partnership elements in-game
- Manages graphics creation process – request, approval and delivery for GardenVision
- Direct report for PA announcers, and Student Associate for Event Presentation
- Creates video project lists, brainstorms ideas, manages producers and editors’ shot sheets and scripting
- Spearheads all pre-production efforts as related to game execution. Efforts include: developing and managing programming calendars, game content scripting, directs game day production meetings, leads the production of all LED signage for in-arena display (GardenVision,).
- Coordinates all communication between Knicks EP and Producers in GardenVision.
- Coordinates all internal requests for in-game programming from Marketing, Merchandise, Food/Beverage, MSG Network, GDF, MSG LIVE, MSG Sports Properties, Community Relations, Alumni Relations. Includes the scripting of such promotions and securing in-game inventory.
- Assists with entertainment production for annual events and game production related to out-of-arena venues. (Tip-Off Event/ Playoff Events)
- Leads lighting, audio, entertainment programming for rehearsals in-arena.
- Assists as contact to NBA for broadcast and entertainment related coordination.
- Manage Partnership activation spreadsheet, including active / contracted elements and promotion schedule
- Coordinate In-arena partnership sales including inventory analysis and generating programs for new partners.
- Ensure that day of game staff executes promotions properly. This position ultimately manages day of event staff including explanation of daily assignments and in-game evaluations/direction to better improve work production. (Oversees staff that will execute giveaways, on-court contests, in-game presentations, etc.)
- Work closely with MSG Networks’ TV producer in a variety of capacities for coordination of broadcast integration with the presentation.
- Coordinate the production of highlights videos for in-arena play. This position works closely with both in and out of house vendors in selecting music, highlight plays, scenic shots, crowd shots and design elements in filling various video production capacities. Concepts should be generated for self-execution as well as guideline creation for GardenVision to proceed with.
- Serve as a secondary point person with the NBA on all entertainment and game broadcast related issues. These include, but are not limited to, performers, technology, video shoots and post-production, NBA TV and National broadcast logistics.
- 5+ years of experience calling live games or events in a sports environment
- Proven ability to manage production teams
- Well versed in a wide array of musical knowledge
- Vast entertainment industry contacts
- This position must always be able to source and act on industry trends
- Ability to produce videos and provide clear and creative direction.
- Must have a strong knowledge of theatrical lighting, music and live production techniques
- Strong communication techniques are a necessity as this position will need to direct multiple people during event execution
- Graphic design capabilities will become a growing need for this position
- Should possess an in-depth knowledge of both city and company procedural issues as relates to union employees (and their functions)
- Must possess exceptional computer skills and an ability to generate cutting edge decks and presentations.
- Ability to lead (extremely important for directing the live event)
- Need to be able to communicate with all types of people (talent, producers, union staff, etc)
- Organizational skills are a premium with multiple tasks in a year-round environment
- Creativity is needed to exceed the norm, as the department must be the most creative in all avenues of operation
- Need to be able to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Will this role require travel? Does this role have specific physical demands? Will this job require operation of a vehicle?
All events are located within the New York Tri-State
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?