About Lax Sports Network:
Lax Sports Network is the premiere multi-platform, digital OTT sports network devoted to the sport of lacrosse, available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, Chromecast and desktop. Lax Sports Network produces over 2,000 hours of live and VOD annually, including collegiate and professional lacrosse games, documentaries, highlights, access and analysis, delivering the most complete video coverage in the sport.
Reporting to the Director of Studio Production, the Anchor/Host will be responsible for hosting and reporting informative, entertaining and engaging lacrosse video content that can be applied across all viewing platforms.
LSN is in search of a dynamic, polished on-camera personality with a background in broadcasting and content producing. A strong knowledge of lacrosse at all levels of the sport (high school, college and pro) is a great fit.
You will thrive in the creative process and be an active participant in production and planning associated with the editorial and entertainment scope of the network's programming initiatives.
We want an anchor/host ready to break out and apply a passion through storytelling applicable to a fast-paced, digital environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anchor/host various studio content and programming, including daily playlist content, hour-long news programs, and entire pregame and postgame coverage.
- Report from remote locations and/or events, including lacrosse games, tournaments, promotional shoots, media availability, etc.
- Write scripts/copy suitable for all broadcast platforms
- Prepare for and conduct pertinent interviews with variety of guests
- Actively participate in pre-production and planning meetings to help shape editorial/rundown content and storylines
- Act as an ambassador for the network, through various appearances associated with subscription capture, partnership development and brand positioning
- Be active on multiple social media platforms, to help promotion and growth of network initiatives and programming
- Provide ideas and suggestions to help enhance all programming and production initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in live broadcasting within an established media organization
Candidate must provide a link to recent on-air work or demo reel of anchoring, hosting, or reporting.
- Knowledge of lacrosse at all levels of the sport (high school, college and professional) is a plus
- Experience developing and executing social media and interactive components
- Must be a good communicator with advanced written and verbal skills (emphasis on writing for broadcast)
- Willing to work long hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.