Tour Guide - Legends (Las Vegas · NV)
As a Tour Guide at Illuminarium in Las Vegas, you are responsible for delivering the ultimate experience for our guests. By engaging the guest through storytelling and delivering a scripted experience tailored to the unique needs of every guest, you are the face of the attraction.
At the Illuminarium, we strive to democratize experiences and thus our Tour Guides need to be alert and observant, making every guest feel you are there for that guest alone. Tour Guides must have a commanding presence and excite and inspire, providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide a welcoming and exciting environment, delivering an engaging scripted experience to large groups of guests in a concise and professional manner
- Operate the attraction in a smooth and efficient manner, processing the required number of sessions, without allowing these objectives to be detrimental to the guest experience
- Maintain knowledge of content related facts and figures to engage with guests in an educated manner, inspiring guests throughout the duration of their visit
- Address and resolve guests concern and queries and strive to exceed guest expectations
- Ensure that the theater remains inviting and clean, proactively addressing any issues
- Perform other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer facing, high-volume Guest Service Experience; Prior proven experience with public speaking is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to memorize and recite facts clearly and accurately
- Pleasant and welcoming persona, helpful and capable of guiding guests; addressing any concerns or queries in a professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to stand long hours as the role is a roaming role within the Attraction
- Enthusiastic and engaging personality with the ability to repeat performance over and over again
- Should maintain attitude of positive behavior and be commercially focused
- Quick learner with the ability to handle learning multiple scripts and meet deadlines
- Flexibility in daily tasks, problem solver, self-motivated
- Must be flexible to work extended hours including late nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have full availability to work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and must be able to work a minimum of one late shift until 1am on either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be able to regularly move and carry 20-30 lbs, and up to 50 lbs often.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and management; bi-lingual skills preferred
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations including but not limited to Legends’ COVID Preparedness Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
- Follow and encourage your team to follow all safety policies and procedures, looking for and reporting any unsafe work conditions, and complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
- Report all safety incidents (injuries and illnesses) into the company’s risk management system (Origami Risk) on the same day that the safety incident has been reported to you.
- Customer Service