Pastry Supervisor - Legends (Inglewood · CA)
Assists the Pastry Chef in overseeing the production of all baked goods, and daily pastry shop operations. Must be available for event days. Event days are typically Sunday, but may also include Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
- Assists Pastry Chef in overseeing the production of all baked goods including the ability to mix, bake finished product, and plating.
- Assist in the planning and development of recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Assist with the controlling of labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well as foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with Team members and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Gives instructions to baking personnel in new methods, techniques and procedures in food preparation. Assures proper labeling and storage of foods and supplies.
- Inspect equipment and facilities to assure proper use, maintenance and sanitation.
- Maintain maximum standards of sanitation and safety.
- Effectively run the day to day pasty operations and functions in the absence of the Pastry Chef; with the knowledge of large production scheduling.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Requires strong leadership and motivational skills. Will interact with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; grooming standards, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Certification from a Culinary Institution strongly preferred. Plus two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a position with experience equivalent to a Cook II.
- Skill in professional cooking, knife handling skills, and preparing a variety of foods.
- Ability to be present at work for assigned schedule including, nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours when required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Ability to develop and maintain a pleasant and effective working relationship with staff and guests.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Certified Food Handler Card required
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.