Director of Event Merchandise
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
Primary Position Purpose:
Possessing a dual report into the VP of Operations and the VP of Merchandise, the Director of Event Merchandise plays a critical role in overseeing the marketing, branding and promotion of products at 140+ domestic and international events annually. This position requires strong leadership skills in addition to creativity and a keen knowledge of market trends.
- Handle merchandising for all Company events both domestic and international
- Responsible for developing the Company’s buy plan and manage open-to-buy plans
- Assist in the maintenance of margin goals and maintain optimum inventory levels
- P&L Management and assist with monthly financials
- Train and develop a staff dedicated to driving the business
- Regular communication with merchandise and operational teams at Arenas and Stadiums
- Assist in the preparation of RFPs for potential clients
- Develop private label programs where applicable
- Regular meetings with vendors to review product assortments
- Liaise and develop strong relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders; be the face of Legends with the Client
- Develop the Arts and Sciences for each client
- Partner with HR in recruiting top talent and internal teams including IT, Finance, Purchasing and Operations
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or merchandising preferred and a minimum of ten years of relevant industry experience
- Strong leadership and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and problem solve
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership and management skills
- Customer service oriented with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (up to 65%) and work a varied schedule including nights and weekends
- POS experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and additional job specific safety training
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.