Banquet Supervisor with Legends in Inglewood · CA
The purpose of the Banquet Supervisor is to assist the Banquet Managers in the day to day banquets/catering operations.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
- Assist Banquet Managers with daily banquets and catering operations.
- Supervise and assist with back of house and front of house operations for all catered special events.
- Assist with Banquet event staff training.
- Monitor staff certification and create benchmarks for California RBS Alcohol Certification and Food Safety training.
- Attend BEO meetings and preconference meetings as assigned.
- Work with Banquet Manager to conduct monthly safety review sessions with conversion and banquet event staff.
- Responsible to order and maintain banquet event inventory.
- Create set up and strike schedules for banquets set up team.
- Assist with creating service plans for premiums supervisors.
- Create accurate and timely consumption reports post events.
- Must be able to work stadium ticketed events and special events as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 5 (five) years as a Captain or Lead in banquets hospitality.
- Skilled in fine dining service and full service etiquette.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure situations and remain flexible during last minute changes and revisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point required.
- Able to work non-traditional shifts to include extended hours and flexible schedule including early mornings, weekends, days, nights and holidays.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Current California Responsible Beverage certification and Food Handlers certifications required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual in Spanish is a Plus
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Alcohol Awareness
- Food Handler's
- First Aid
- Microsoft Office(Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook)
- Foreign Language - Spanish
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals