Senior Vice President, Partnership Sales with Legends in Atlanta · GA
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Legends and Georgia Tech Athletics have entered into a first-of-its-kind partnership to combine all main revenue opportunities across multi-media rights, premium seating, ticketing, annual fundraising, corporate hospitality, data and analytics, business intelligence, and e-commerce into one integrated partnership. The partnership will take a customized and holistic approach for identifying new, engaging, and entertaining platforms for corporate partners and Yellow Jacket fans to connect with Georgia Tech athletics and position the Institute for success and growth in the evolving collegiate athletics landscape.
The Senior Vice President, Partnership Sales will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and securing key corporate partnerships, marketing and digital media partnerships with companies wishing to maximize their relationship with Georgia Tech. The Senior Vice President, Partnership Sales will lead a team of other sales representatives and report to Legends Vice President, Collegiate Partnerships.
- Lead sales and activation efforts of Georgia Tech’s Athletics partnerships and hospitality within guidelines established by Georgia Tech
- Serve as a key member of the Georgia Tech Athletics senior staff to develop overall revenue strategies for the department
- Be responsible for setting partnership objectives, strategies, and specific implementation steps
- Coordinate with Legends national and regional sales teams to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of sales process
- Direct client procurement and account management, developing sales packages and strategies, contract development and implementation
- Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit for partnerships
- Create conceptual partnership packages that can be bundled with cross-property inventory to maximize exposure and results for partners
- Create detailed financial analysis of partnerships deals
- Secure and conduct sales meetings by leveraging relationships as well as cold calling
- Negotiate and close partnerships deals and work with counsel through contract execution
- Strategize, develop, and create partnership and marketing presentation templates and programs for sales team
- Oversee Atlanta market, industry and competitive analysis to highlight trends and competitive dynamics
- Conceptualize and develop new revenue streams for the Institute
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years senior-level, successful and creative partnership sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a sales team, including developing sales strategies, managing performance, incorporating ongoing education, and providing measurable results
- Knowledge of partnership programs, including content development and distribution for radio, television, websites, plus digital and social media
- Understanding of media/advertising buys & partnership activation
- Excellence in pitching, negotiating, and closing six and seven figure partnership deals
- Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels internally and externally within a major Institute
- Ability to develop strong peer level relationships and work in a team-oriented environment
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies, and negotiating creative solutions
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work solo or within a team atmosphere
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
How did you hear about this job?