We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, ARENA TECHNOLOGY
RESUME DEADLINE: DECEMBER 19, 2017
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads projects with crew members through completion, as handed out by Director.
- Acts as liaison between AV department and other departments, as needed.
- Works with Director to plan and execute installs of new systems or equipment.
- Informs the Director of equipment repair needs or damage. Troubleshoots as needed.
- Set up, troubleshoot & maintains scoring systems for leagues such as NHL, NBA, NLL, and MLS. This includes testing of all equipment before every event.
- Assist in the upgrade and maintenance of league equipment.
- Event support for all AV related systems. This includes games, concerts, and other large events
- Supports meeting and event department as well as their clients with AV issues. This includes repair and maintenance of meeting AV systems as needed.
- Maintains interior and exterior LED signage boards as well as the TV systems.
- Troubleshoot and install/remove cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, and RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables.
- Troubleshoot/interface with manufacturers/vendors via phone and web support.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work a varied scheduled to include evenings, weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to take the lead and initiative regarding mission critical game scoring, timing and press table operation.
- Experience with Crestron Control, Video, Fusion, and Programing experience preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in electronic equipment repair and maintenance, schematic and blueprint
- reading, use of meters and hand tools required; one year experience in a large arena or multiuse facility, highly preferred
- Specialized electronics training certifications helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of audio and video equipment, repair and maintenance and ability to trouble-shoot equipment problems and determine and execute solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, required.
- Must be customer service oriented and command a high-level of professionalism.
- Strong knowledge of basic safety/OSHA regulations and procedures.
- Experience with 365 office suite, preferred.
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Lift up to 100 lbs., up to 2/3 of time; lift more than 100 lbs., up to 1/3 of time.
- Work near moving, mechanical parts and in high, precarious places, up to 1/3 of time.
- Moderate to very loud noise.