In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Director, Fan and Club DevelopmentDepartment: Soccer – Marketing – Colorado RapidsBusiness Unit: KSELocation: Commerce City, CO—Dick’s Sporting Goods ParkReports To: Chief Business OfficerEmployment Type: Full Time – Salary– ExemptSupervisor Position: Yes_____________________________________________________________________________________Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and Entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. KSE is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We are the employer of choice as the owner and operator of Ball Arena, DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, the Paramount Theatre, 1STBANK Center, Denver Nuggets (NBA), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL), Colorado Rapids (MLS), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Major League Fishing/Fishing League Worldwide (MLFLW), Winnercomm, Outdoor Sportsman Group and SkyCam.Nature of Work:The Colorado Rapids Soccer Club is looking for Director, Fan and Club Development to lead the development and management of a new department that will closely align with club’s growth priorities.The focus will be developing and implementing strategies for grow our fan base.Under the direction of the Chief Business Officer, the group will serve as an in-house consultancy that will work in close partnership with leadership in areas of ticketing, sponsorship, media, digital, marketing, event presentation, community impact and communications, to help identify new areas of opportunity and expand upon existing efforts.Examples of work performed:
- Develop and implement a fan development framework and work cross-functionally with leads from all departments to develop and implement strategies and tactics to attract, grow, engage and monetize audiences across all fan touchpoints
- Develop a multi-year department plan in collaboration with Chief Business Officer
- Establish in-house consultancy capable of diagnosing challenges and identifying opportunities, and authoring proposals to key stakeholders and club leadership
- Problem-solve day-to-day issues facing club leadership and department heads; devise and communicate recommendations on handling commercial challenges
- Lead, design and execute a robust influencer strategy to support business objectives in partnership with Digital and Marketing leads.
- Lead and execute interdepartmental initiatives and special projects as assigned by Chief Business Officer
- Identify and implement club integration opportunities across the Apple ecosystem of products and services in partnership with CBO and VP, Media
- Work alongside Chief Business Officer to develop and implement Fan Development Tracker to measure growth progress and success
- Lead efforts to expand available research, data, and overall resource to support an insights-based approach to club and departmental work via external agencies and league office
- Leverage business intelligence and consumer insights data and analytics to develop strategies for growth
- Caretaker of club reports and presentations, examples included but not limited to: Rapids 101, season preview and overview, Midseason Highlight, Season Recap
- Identify and document best practices across our sport and other industries for dissemination.
- Executing against other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical office conditions
- Lift 50 lbs. daily
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Work unusual hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Occasional travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Development, Data and Insights, Marketing, Business, or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant marketing or business intelligence experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience leading a multi-layered team of direct reports.
- Experience using data and analytics to gain deep understanding of consumers and their behaviors across various touchpoints.
- Experience working with professional sports leagues/teams, in the hospitality industry, or for an entertainment property is preferred.
- Possesses knowledge of and passion for the sport of soccer and a deep understanding of the characteristics of soccer fans and soccer culture.
- Has an active interest in and appreciation for emerging trends in global popular culture; understanding of Colorado-based consumers and local market nuances preferred.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Mature, capable communicator who can make arguments clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, driving meetings towards actionable outcomes.
- Proven leadership ability, with experience managing external agencies, internal partners, and direct reports.
- Proven track record of developing talent and building strong team culture across all levels of organizations.
- Excels in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balances long-term business goals with short-term needs.
- Experience leveraging data analytics to influence marketing and digital strategy and tactics.
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer group.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for professional soccer in the US and worldwide.
- Knowledge of Colorado marketplace and media landscape.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
$90,000.00 per annum
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.