*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will be accepting applications until we have received enough qualified applications. Please apply via the external ADP link to be considered.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
About Our Job
The Communications Manager will serve as the first team’s primary media contact at team trainings and at all matches, assist in writing press releases and advisories, pitch stories to local, national and international media and assist in the production of content for Rapids Media Group.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Being the primary contact for facilitating media access to the club’s first team players.
- Facilitate and monitor all local, national and international interviews at daily team training sessions and at all home and away matches.
- Oversee and produce all Spanish content/social media for Rapids Media Group.
- Proactively pitches first-team news, club milestones, community initiatives, etc., to local and national media.
- Write and distribute club-related press releases and advisories
- Travel to Rapids away games as assigned and serve as primary media contact
- Oversee production of team’s game notes and postgame recaps and notes
- Provide statistical analysis and research for news media
- Track and monitor daily news clips and provide corresponding reports
- Assist with production of gameday media packets, credentials and other media operations tasks as needed
- Assist with content creation for Rapids Media Group digital platforms
- Assist with coordination of club press conferences and events
- Produce and distribute game-day press box seating chart
- Maintain up-to-date player and team statistics for postseason and regular season media guides
- Assist in editing regular season and postseason media guides, gameday programs, and other written media as needed
- Present at every team function (games, practices, community events, fundraisers, etc.) to assist with any media coverage or statistical inquiries that may arise
- Manage game day media relations staff, including stats crew, media check-in and runners
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and preferably, in Spanish
- Strong knowledge of soccer and MLS; comprehensive knowledge of the Colorado Rapids is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude and able to work collaboratively.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign preferred, but not required
- Experience using a media-monitoring tool, such as Meltwater, Cision or Critical Mention preferred, but not required.
- Able to stay calm under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays and travel as needed.
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement – Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Experience Requirement - At least 2 years’ experience working for a sports team or league in a PR/communications role