In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Amaze, Inspire, Unite
The Account Executive, New Business is responsible for developing and driving season ticket sales of ticket packages for the Detroit Red Wings through cold calling to generate new business. This position is also responsible for developing new customer relationships and strengthening relationships with existing customers.
- Meet or exceed both individual and team sales goals.
- Actively research and prospect new sales leads to sell Detroit Red Wings partial plan ticket packages (additional goals for group and premium seating sales will be established).
- Meet or exceed minimum call requirements on outgoing cold calls per day to generate new business.
- Establish, promote, and maintain relationships with group clients
- Meet or exceed a minimum of 50-60 outgoing cold calls per day in an effort to generate new business
- Set a minimum of 5 face-to-face appointments per week in an effort to generate new business
- Create opportunities for new business with existing customers, such as tours, theme nights, pre- and post-event receptions
- Handle all incoming calls from sales prospects
- Process ticket orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide first-class customer service to generate new clients and sales revenue, as well as repeat business and referrals
- Ensure timely collection of payments, monitor ticket fulfillment and maintain detailed records on purchase history
- Perform assigned game day responsibilities such as attending games to develop an understanding of events, meet new and key clients to ensure they have a positive experience, as well as participate in any promotions or appointments as requested
- Maintain and submit accurate daily, weekly and month reports on sales activity.
- Process ticket orders in a timely and efficient manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum two years sales experience preferably in a ticket sale role
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with high standards for quality; ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Excellent phone etiquette and Professional demeanor
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and previous use of classic ticketing sources, CRM Database and Archtics preferred, but not necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to high noise level
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Olympia Entertainment.
Olympia Entertainment is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.