In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Fan Development Director, Detroit Tigers oversees the execution of strategic marketing plans to engage new and existing fan populations for the Detroit Tigers including advertising, social media, research analysis, event programming, and overall brand story and message as well as successfully balance strategic and operational roles. The position uses extreme discretion and may be responsible for sensitive, confidential, and proprietary information.
Ideal characteristics include being an individual that has future-looking mindset and the capability to apply the combination of data, technology, and creativity to drive fan development/growth with organizational support. This Director will focus on growing our iconic brand footprint and cultivating the global fanbase to support our future fan, and organization wide growth. This is a new team, and the Director will be the first hire, so they should be passionate about the opportunity to build something new.
- Build and lead the newly formed Fan Development team, setting meaningful strategies & implementing tactics.
- Partner with other marketing team leads to ensure that the brand shows up in a consistent, best in class manner.
- Provide marketing and lead generation support for all Detroit Tigers related activity designed to drive ticket sales and revenue for select special events and fan affinity programs.
- Develop plans for the consumer journey marketing strategies and tactics in conjunction Marketing leadership with the analytic team.
- Oversee and develop fan engagement driving initiatives to outreach and develop new audiences to retain current audience segments. Working closely with all sales lines and corporate partner relations.
- Collaborates with other internal departments on the development and execution of select special events and programs to drive awareness, attendance or to achieve specific club related goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the partnership sales department to promote and monetize special events, activities, content segments, etc. based upon evolving trends to identify and develop new fans/groups as part of our overall fan segmentation efforts – both on-site and out in the community, creating impactful programs engage corporate partners.
- Establish relationships across the MLB as well as all professional organizations to understand their strategies & challenges and align this newly developed team to help support other teams and departments in achieving their goals.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data and analytics background to make informed data driven decisions for campaign + fan development driven decisions + development.
- Demonstrated leadership in organizing and directing departmental operations; effectively supervising/mentoring personnel; and developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a highly creative process, harnessing ideas and resources as needed to enable the creation of innovative omni-channel campaigns with meaningful, measurable results.
- The ability to think long-term about how to evolve the brand as the business continues to grow at aggressive rates - and to plan through the long, medium, and short-term accordingly.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and ability to create messaging that drives engagement; Plus, the ability to effectively collaborate & execute integrated marketing plans.
- Executive presence and comfort in all interactions with colleagues, senior-level management and critical external stakeholders (media, etc.). Demonstrated ability to make sound business judgments in a complex, fast paced environment. And the ability to build credibility and trust by demonstrating high ethical standards. Extreme discretion, as work may involve confidential and sensitive information.
- Project & Time Management.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or similar field.
- Minimum of 7+ years of related experience and/or training: equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Detroit market, including key media contacts.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Normal office environment.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.