Protect the organization’s physical assets by maintaining and safeguarding the exterior and interior perimeter of each venue. Provide security protection by utilizing and maintaining security systems located in the command center including CCTV, fire life safety, access control, alarms systems, social media, severe weather, and HVAC. Proactively use security systems to detect and prevent crimes, locate hazards, suspicious situations, incidents, etc. Provide executive support when needed. Dispatch and coordinate responses and communication during emergency situations. This position has access to confidential and proprietary information and executive/family travel data.
- Monitor security systems that include, but not limited to, CCTV, fire life safety, access control, alarm systems, social media, severe weather, and HVAC for the Fox Centre, venues, and other corporate and retail facilities. Also monitor residential alarms.
- Coordinate responses in the event of emergency or situations that require security related response.
- Act as a central communication command center and serve as an information resource to management, local police and fire, and business unit management in a non-emergency advisory role.
- Coordinate incident management at the Fox Centre or venue with supervision.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting incidents in the command center’s computer aided dispatch system, ISS 24/7.
- Research and provide reports on related current events that impact business units, non-emergency incidents that impact business operations as well as analyzing best practices and making recommendations for business operations.
- Coordinate team/executive/family travel related to airport security, hospitals, verifying watch lists and prepare advance security travel packages for executive travel.
- Collaborate with the Central Business District Partners to gather and share information, statistics, crime trends to better protect areas of business located in the District Detroit (Fox Centre, LCGRC, Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park, etc.).
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved security programs.
- Administer the card access program and manage and monitor identification card status and usage.
- Ensure protection of proprietary information and advise management of situations where information is jeopardized.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities, however, dispatches the proper security related response and makes appropriate notifications.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of performing satisfactorily and participating in training sessions to include but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and defensive training.
- Must computer proficient with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge and experience with security technology is preferred.
- Demonstrate effective communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must have a valid State of Michigan drivers’ license and good driving record.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be proactive and able to provide clear, concise, and accurate information in a timely manner. Must have the ability to remain calm in serious, sometimes stressful, situations.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to formulate different types of reports including graphics (graphs, charts, etc.).
- Must employ critical thinking skills in all aspects of the job.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- CPR certification, FEMA Training IS100, 200, 700, 800.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The colleague may be exposed to different weather situations including inclement weather and high or low temperatures.
- This position requires working non-traditional hours that include evenings, weekends, and holidays and on different shifts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The colleague must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.