Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Philadelphia 76ers are seeking a highly talented Ticket and Group Sales Associate who will serve as a source of support in one of the top ticket sales programs in the sport business, while gaining an understanding of game day operations, Fan Experience Packages (FEPs) and 76ers events. This professional must obtain a passion for and have a comprehensive understanding of the NBA landscape. This role reports to the Coordinator of Ticket Sales and will be expected to perform duties which contribute to the overall professional goals of the organization. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized one-on-one coaching, this individual will gain an understanding of the business side of sports in a championship caliber office setting. This position is designed for those seeking to gain a greater understanding of ticket sales, sponsorships, marketing, and other revenue-generating tactics in the sports business needed for a long and successful career.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in setting up and executing events on and off the court events in the newly renovated Well Fargo Center as directed on both gamedays and non-gamedays
- Assist in managing Ticket Sales department inventory and office supplies
- Manage tracking and reporting system for revenue, sell through rate and usage of ‘Fan Experience Packages’ to drive group sales revenue
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships with both internal and external clients and departments
- Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately and completely detailed for defined accounts
- Perform office administration-related duties as assigned (i.e.: answering phones, typing, copying)
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Currently pursuing a degree or diploma in business, communications, marketing, sports management or related field
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Handle highly confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a friendly and professional manner
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to self-motivate
- Flexible and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel, CRM related software and ticketing applications preferred
- Knowledge and passion for sales
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and travel as required
Travel Requirements: Ability to work events and games which require nights and weekends
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Will be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)