Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Analytics department is responsible for developing and managing initiatives across all properties in the HBSE portfolio (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia 76ers, and New Jersey Devils). The Sr. Manager role will manage and develop a cross-functional team that will enable data driven decision making across all departments in the organization. This role will report to the Sr. Director and live within the Strategy and Analytics department.
- Lead development and deployment of analytical tools and data science approaches to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights in the data
- Partner with Ticketing, Premium, Sponsorship, Marketing, and other department heads to drive scaled adoption of analytical tools
- Assess available structured and unstructured commercial data sources to identify untapped opportunities; upgrade data collection and harnessing tools and techniques
- Develop, manage and enhance analytics platform in conjunction with IT and external analytic vendor(s) to improve analytics capabilities, including advanced modeling and predictive analytic engines; build new capabilities as solutions to big business problems
- Create presentations summarizing key findings and recommendations for senior executives and HBSE managing partners
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.A. degree in finance, economics, math, statistics or similar quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of business strategy & analytics experience
- Expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodologies
- A track record of driving results in, multi-stakeholder and uncertain environments
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), financial data and modeling (Excel), statistical software (R, Python, etc.), CRM (Salesforce, MS Dynamics); SQL and Tableau experience is a plus
- Knowledge of general predictive modeling techniques, such as regression analysis, customer profiling and segmentation, needs analysis, and other types of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Ability to communicate and partner with cross-functional teams, especially business leaders
- Camden, NJ is home base. Travel to Newark, NJ up to once a week. Other travel < 10%
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer