The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Summary: The Security Officer and/or Lead Security Officer provides the 76ers training complex, its employees and visitors with a safe and secure environment. Officers will be expected to work irregular hours and interact with employees and members of the community in a professional and welcoming manner. Officers will be expected to learn the post orders and maintain vigilance and alertness to accomplish this task.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learning and employing all post orders and standard operationg procedures
- Monitoring of and operation of closed circuit television equipment (CCTV)
- Conducting facility tours, and facility perimeter tours to assure a secure environment
- Screening vehicles that enter faclity perimeter
- Utilizing security screening equipment such as metal detecting wands, undercarriage mirrors and various other security related equipment
- Writing incident reports and making detailed entries in security log books
- Performing aviation ground safety functions as needed and as instructed
- All additional security related tasks as instructed by management
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Must be a US Citizen, or be eligible to work in the US
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Physically capable of walking long distances, lifting equipment (fire extinguisher, equipment cases etc.) and standing for long hours
- Temperamentally suited to work irregular hours
- Must be of good character and capable of passing a background investigation and drug screening
- 1 year of security experience preferred