Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports. HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Position Summary: The Manager, Player Development is actively involved in the off-the-court development of players across both the NBA and G-League teams. This position is tasked with creating and executing holistic programs, as well as identifying resources and events aimed at both the personal and professional growth of players and their support systems. The Manager, Player Development reports to the Vice President, Player Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conceptualize and implement plans to better position our players to succeed beyond the court – through education, mentorship, and encouragement of use of resources and participation in programs aimed at addressing both needs and interest of players.
- Broaden and strengthen development offerings, resources (NBA, NBPA, 76ers, and external), and effective communication thereof
- Strategically and consistently evaluate development progress
- Proactively look for original and innovative initiatives to support players and their families in meaningful ways
- Manage the transition of players into the NBA and to the 76ers organization
- Craft original programming for the G-League – focused on but not limited to mental health and wellness, professional development, and financial literacy
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the G-League off-court player development program
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years working in professional or collegiate sports, athlete development experience preferred
- Servant leader with a desire to form meaningful relationships
- Demonstrated experience in building and executing team/player programs
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a high level of curiosity, initiative and drive. Natural sense of ownership for duties and deadlines as well as drive for continuous improvement in self and others
- Be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, and well organized
- Handles confidential, sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion and diligence
Special Position Requirement
Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)