In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the Delaware Blue Coats, and the Utica Comets. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Create, strategize, and distribute compelling content to tell the story of our players, team, and overall organization. The social media coordinator will help with publishing content on various social platforms to help grow and develop the Sixers brand with a targeted focus on Vertical Video and Social Media graphics. This role creates timely, accurate, and relevant content for basketball fans before, during, and after games, and tentpole events. This position will assist the Sr. Social Media Manager and Sr. Social Media Coordinator with the posting process, from concept to approval and execution.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE BELOW:
- Acts as the eyes and ears of the Sixers Brand across all social platforms, through content creation, community management and an understanding of the overall social media ecosystem and trends.
- Captures/creates original mobile-first, short form video content.
- Create graphics for various social media platforms.
- Work as part of the social media team for home and away game nights, to create and distribute game-specific content before, during, and after Sixers games.
- Platforms include but not limited to: Twitter (X), Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube
- Partner with social media team leadership to develop strategy and establish guidelines for tone of voice, content types, and frequency on vertical platforms.
- Cover community initiatives, and other events, with the goal of producing compelling content that captures fans’ attention.
- Generate custom social media analytics reports using social media platforms native insights and analytics tools.
- Assist the social media team with tracking content against KPIs, identifying trends and best practices.
- Two to Three years of experience working with social media for a sports property preferred
- Well-versed and comfortable editing and posting content through TikTok
- Graphic design background preferred
- Proficiency in digital production applications such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom and CapCut
- Journalism background and basketball knowledge preferred
- Photography experience a bonus
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays in accordance with the NBA schedule
- Positive attitude and an ability to handle an intense, fast-paced environment, and off-hours requests
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information and develop meaningful, trust-based working relationships
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.