Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Associate Developer will work in the Philadelphia 76ers front office, supporting basketball decision-making at all levels: front office, coaching, scouting, sports science and training. A successful applicant will have a strong technical foundation and be passionate about better understanding the game of basketball, and particularly finding ways to share that with others. This is a temporary, entry-level position.
The 76ers Research & Development team is responsible for leveraging multiple large and complex data sets. The Associate Developer will possess a strong technical foundation in programming - Engineering or Computer Science backgrounds are favored. Our tight-knit front office team relies on exceptional individuals who can contribute in multiple areas. These individuals thrive in a critical, challenging, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implementation of the organization’s production data-access methods, and software applications.
- Design and implementation of user interfaces and reporting, including mobile interfaces.
- Design of internal or external documentation and communication.
- Contribute to the development of basketball thought and workflow optimization of the department and the organization as a whole.
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Training in and/or experience with APIs and front-end development (ideally React JS)
- Training in and/or experience with mobile development platforms (ideally React Native)
- Training in and/or experience with design software and design principles for the web
- Demonstrated passion for basketball and familiarity with basketball rules and terminology
- Be a critical thinker, eager to both give and receive feedback
- Have a growth mentality, eager to learn and develop within our team
- Be team-oriented, focused on team results not individual accomplishment
- Embrace a dynamic, changing, diversified workload
- Possess a deep passion for basketball
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position may be required to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and/or holidays.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)