WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Assistant Manager, Guest Experience is responsible for providing excellent guest service in all public areas of Prudential Center and reports directly to the Director of Guest Experience. This person is responsible for leading, planning, monitoring, directing, delegating, and managing all functions of the Guest Experience department. All union and non-union Guest Services team members report directly to the Assistant Manager of Guest Experience. All event-day staff report to the Assistant Manager, Guest Experience indirectly through the Guest Services coordinators and supervisors. The Assistant Manager, Guest Experience is responsible for hiring, promoting, taking corrective action and terminating Guest Services personnel, if necessary. This demanding position requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. This person must have experience managing large volumes of employees, guests, facility tenants and season ticket holders
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Team Member Management
- Manage and monitor Guest Services employees in all areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to, all entrances, Event Level, Main and Upper Concourses, Premium Areas, and Elevators.
- Manage Uniform Supervisor in ordering and upkeep of uniforms and uniform standards for team members.
- Manage the uniform, equipment, and incentive components of the Guest Services budget.
- Aid in the recruitment, interviewing process, selection, promotion, and onboarding of Guest Services staff according to guidelines established by Human Resources and the Guest Experience Director.
- Assist in the creation and execution of training programs for Guest Services new hires.
- Monitor, coach, and motivate supervisors and team members.
- Document employee incidents, counseling Guest Services team members, and pursuing corrective action progressively up to termination when necessary to ensure compliance with policies/procedures
- Schedule modifications for part-time team members
- Create a fun, positive, inclusive team environment for all employees.
- Lead by example by living our company commitments, attributes, and values.
- Manage various projects to improve team member experience.
Event Operations and Event Execution
- Serve as event lead on rotating basis and be responsible for gathering all event details, preparing event notes, ensuring adequate staffing, execution of event and follow up.
- Serve as event support on rotating basis and be responsible for monitoring team members, execution of event plan, and resolving Guest issues as needed.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to make immediate decisions and communicate with Guest Services team and other departments to resolve issues.
- Review, recommend, and create day-to-day operational policies and procedures.
- Manage all VIP services and premium areas pertaining to the department’s functions.
- Review and recommending equipment, materials, and supplies needed.
- Meet with Event Managers and clients to assist with planning events at Prudential Center.
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with various service providers and vendors for Prudential Center to ensure quality customer service and presentation quality.
- Work with Guest Services team in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Monitor safety of Guests during ingress, during the event, and egress.
- Talk with, listen to, or signal others to effectively exchange information.
- Must receive and give direction and effectively work as part of a team by responding to assistance requests throughout the facility.
Guest Services and Guest Experience
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Guest Experience and Guest Resolution
- Resolve major guest issues including full investigation, employee and guest follow up.
- Maintain Prudential Centers’ positive reputation for WORLD-CLASS service.
- Maintain and support the brand standards and generate positive relations with guests.
- Maintain open communications between the client, tenants, subcontractors, employees, and facility guests as it relates to the Guest Services team.
- Lead the Guest Services department in the absence of senior leadership.
- BA/BS or equivalent is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of event management experience;
- Previous manager and customer service experience;
- Previous experience in Sports/Entertainment or Hospitality is strongly preferred;
- Comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks.
- Must have experience working with large groups of people/guests
- Highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to operate within designated budget
- Have exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Able to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and meet constant deadlines
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Have exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with a time management system, ABIMM is strongly preferred
- Must demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner is required
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities, and the ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Work Environment: This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.