WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Comets, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking experienced and enthusiastic individuals to be Brand Ambassadors for our 50/50 Raffle Ticket Program. During every home game, the New Jersey Devils sell 50/50 tickets to help support our charity or a partnered charity for that particular night. Ticket sellers will be responsible for cash and credit transactions, meeting specific sales goals for each game, and dealing with face-to-face interactions of our Season Ticket Members and other fans.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Must work all or most New Jersey Devil Home Games
- Must be very outgoing and friendly while interacting with customers
- A background in Sales and/or Customer Service preferable
- Experience in dealing with cash and credit card machines preferable
- Hockey/Sports background and/or knowledge a plus
- High School Diploma
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must possess outstanding problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks;
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (20% travel)
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend events that may take place on weekends and holidays.