WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports. HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Position Overview: Looking for an opportunity to exercise your customer acquisition skills, drive meaningful results and demonstrate digital marketing leadership in the sports and entertainment industry? HBSE Digital Marketing leads the centralized strategy and raises the bar for execution of our email, paid media, fan insights and digital product programs. We are the primary drivers of digital customer acquisition and digital fan engagement on behalf of the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia 76ers, and Prudential Center. We are looking for a Director to lead our Email and Paid Media teams, delivering strategic go-to-market plans and overseeing cutting-edge execution of digital campaigns. Working cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Strategy and Analytics, the Director will drive revenue and fan engagement to meet HBSE goals while helping to deliver a robust fan experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create strategic plans and oversee execution of email, paid search, paid social, display and other paid media campaigns to optimize performance and results.
- Lead and communicate digital marketing best practices and improve organizational understanding of the role of email and various paid media channels in achieving company objectives.
- Manage the Email and the Paid Media teams through the entire marketing deliverable cycle including initial planning, creative briefing, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with peer organizations to optimize fan engagement, further driving ticket and sponsorship revenue.
- Collaborate with CRM and digital products teams to connect email and paid campaigns to campaigns within SalesForce Sales and Marketing Clouds.
- Recognize the sports and entertainment industry requires flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
- Minimum 7 years of relevant digital marketing experience
- Minimum 3 years experience managing, leading and developing a team.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or comparable email platforms
- Experience with optimization of email and paid media campaigns to hit impression, CPA, ROAS, and Engagement goals
- Extensive knowledge of paid search and paid social management platforms and optimization tactics
- Extensive knowledge of Google and/or Adobe Analytics
- Experience creating reports and recommendations based on account performance
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles; detail oriented and works well under pressure
- Less than 25% of the time.
- Office environment with flexible part-time work-from home opportunities.
This position is based in our Camden, NJ office. Opportunity to be located in our Newark, NJ office.