* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Comets, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Based in New York, HBSE Real Estate is seeking a Development Associate to join our team. The Ideal candidate have +/- 5 years of experience, preferably with an institutional sponsor or real estate fund. The firm is comprised of exceptionally talented professionals who are dedicated to a common long‐term objective of acquiring and developing real estate which improves communities around sports and entertainment venues. The Development Associate will work in the firm’s investment and development group to acquire operating properties, execute development projects, and work selectively on Sports and Entertainment Real Estate Related Investment Opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead all aspects of development: entitlement and government approvals, public relations, design, construction, leasing and marketing
- Prepare project development timelines and obtain public approvals. Manage project reports and track project budgets during acquisitions, predevelopment, entitlements, and construction
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships among all stakeholders in the development process, including government officials, community groups, public and private investment partners, land use attorneys, and take an active role in preparing and presenting materials for public meetings
- Engage with and oversee the workflow of architects, engineers, general contractors and other consultants and service providers
- Support the underwriting of new development and investment opportunities, preparation of financial models and due diligence process
- Assist with deal evaluations for internal review and participate with principals in meetings to consider potential acquisition and development opportunities
- Research and summarize identified project constraints such as zoning and land use regulations; develop expertise in all relevant local regulations and trends
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials and presentations to prospective institutional investors and lenders
- Aid and manage project documentation with architects, general contractors and other third party consultants
- Act as an ambassador with neighborhood organizations and external groups
Educational & Basic Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance or Business. Architectural, engineering background a plus
- Critical Evaluation ‐ excellent in problem‐solving, must exhibit good judgement
- Ethical, has global and cultural awareness
- Strong analytical and storytelling skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Business Acumen - entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative
- Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations
- Dedication to innovative thinking and execution
- Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast‐paced environment
- Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self‐starter
- Relationship Management – excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients
- Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate
- High energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality
- +/- 5 years of professional experience working with an institutional developer or real estate fund, with exposure across various property types and mixed‐use development
- Demonstrated success managing the life cycle of a transaction from design through development, construction and delivery
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. Demonstrable use of comparative data and financial forecasting is required
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time including travel on an as‐need basis
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment
- Integrity and collaboration are key
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.