The IT Systems and Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the installation, support ongoing maintenance and documentation of the Microsoft Windows, VMware, server hardware and network infrastructure. Additional responsibilities will include leading and managing infrastructure projects of varying complexities and priorities. Deliverables vary from process/workflow documentation, audit reports and server utilization reports. The candidate is expected to collaborate with peers and utilize resources in other departments and various vendors to complete any number of server administration related requests and projects. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a high level of uptime for systems and applications.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Network LAN/WAN/WLAN and internet infrastructure patching and upgrades
- Responsible for general health and maintenance of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Active Directory.
- Responsible for general health and maintenance of private VMware cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for administration and configuration of Office 365 enterprise applications and Azure AD and hosted infrastructure.
- Responsible for server and network infrastructure patching and upgrades
- Follows change control procedures. Works with the team to migrate changes into production environments.
- Performs quality assurance of all changes before they are approved for production.
- Coordinate with other technology team members to complete user requests or resolve issues where server and cloud & virtualization specific issues are escalated.
- Establishes and documents standards and policies to ensure IT assets are properly secured and protected by applying appropriate access management and privacy controls.
- Work with Service Desk provider to ensure optimal end user support
Skills & Capabilities:
- Familiar with troubleshooting hardware issues with both, rack mounted and blade chassis-based servers from vendors like Lenovo and HPE.
- Administration skills in the following: VMware vCenter and ESXi 6.x.
- Experience with VMware related technologies such as: HA, DRS, vMotion, Virtual Switches and Storage vMotion.
- Level 2-3 administration skills in Windows versions 2008 – 2016
- Network switch and router administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Firewall administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with storage administration
- Senior level experience Windows Server roles such as: Active Directory & Group Policy, IIS, Clustering and DNS and other TCP/IP services on the Windows platform.
- Experience with capacity planning to ensure continuation of services. Understanding VMware system monitoring, metrics and reporting.
- Strong backup and recovery skills and experience
- In depth experience with of Office 365 Administration
- Experience in supporting enterprise Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Performance tuning/optimization skills
- Experience with storage technologies with emphasis on iSCSI and NFS troubleshooting and optimization factors related to VMware VMFS data stores.
- Be able to handle out-of-hours service and decision-making ability under stressful conditions.
- Experience with supporting and working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Applicable experience and ability to follow guiding ITIL principles, putting them to action and reinforcing
Preferred Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job-related work experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop certification
- VMware VCP or VCA certification
- ITIL Foundation certification