WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Responsible for various elements of day-to-day operational assistance for the team with a focus on supporting equipment needs and ad hoc needs for team operations surrounding games throughout the season. This position is a part time position over the course of the season, which runs from October through mid April.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Prior to games, ensure that home and visiting benches, as well as home locker room, visiting locker room and referee locker room, are fully prepared, stocked, and organized.
- Meet visiting team’s bus upon arrival, assisting with unloading (pre-game) and re-loading (post-game), as well as any other needs for the visiting Equipment Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Assist players from both teams with their pre-game warmups, including, but not limited to, rebounding and passing for them.
- Assist Coaching, Athlete Care, and Operations staffs with any ad hoc requests that arise before or during games.
- While stationed courtside during games, remain alert and ready to quickly wipe away any wet spots on the court.
- Ensure that all players receive towels, water, and/or any other individually requested items when returning to the bench following substitutions or timeouts.
- Prepare all locker rooms for halftime and post-game team needs.
- Assist with clean-up of benches and locker rooms following games and return all game day equipment to its proper storage area.
- As needed, and as schedules permit, assist with the following: ensuring the courts are ready for any player needs, laundry services, organization and setup of player, coach, and staff locker rooms, and assisting with any on-court player requests during workouts/practice.
- As needed, and as schedules permit, assist with visiting team practice either at Chase Fieldhouse or specified alternative practice court.
- Work closely with Manager of Basketball Operations and Basketball Operations Assistant, as well as a team of fellow game day attendants, to effectively and efficiently complete all responsibilities.
- Seek out opportunities to proactively assist the team in this role by anticipating potential player/staff needs and working with the game night basketball operations team to ensure that these needs are met.
- Current College experience and/or High school diploma preferred, must at least be a junior in high school
- Required to be available to attend 90% of the home games
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task
- Organized, can prioritize work activities, uses time efficiently
- Great communication skills
- Presents self in a professional manner and takes a professional approach to working with players, coaches, and other members of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to listens to others, anticipate team needs, and an eagerness to learn on the job
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliably maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Willingness and ability to assist with on-court pre-game workouts and practices.
- Willingness and ability to carry team equipment as needed.
- Adaptability and flexibility – adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent changes
- Ability to work irregular hours
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.